It has been a while in the making but I am finally finished another quilt in my stash buster series. I was thrilled to dig into the collection of shirting fabrics that I bought years ago for some long forgotten project. They make a great low volume quilt. The idea was to bust my stash but I ended up buying the solid top and bottom fabrics twice. I am still not sure if I got the right shades, the idea was to have slightly darker fabric on the bottom.
In the solid fabric I continued the diagonal design with machine quilting spacing it apart 1 – 2 1/2 inches, then I got out my pearl cotton and hand stitched between the machine stitched lines.
I hope to be teaching this soon at a local quilt shop!