I was so thrilled to have one of my quilts “Primitive Log Cabin” be chosen as a workshop for Quilt Canada 2016 that I decided I would make a more modern version of it.
A few weeks ago I mentioned that I would be blogging about my “modern” primitive log cabin quilt. I found a little time to start cutting and sewing for myself this past weekend. This mess in the picture below quickly turned into a few blocks.
I decided to mix things up bit and not work in rounds of one fabric at a time like my original quilt. I am planning to give my students different block options for their own design.
The finished blocks are on the design wall, not the greatest picture but you get the idea! My next post on this quilt will show some different block options.